Joint Letter to IBA on Charter Of Demands for 11th BPS Settlement
40 Points Charter of Demands for 11th Bipartite Settlement by Workers Unions
ALL INDIA BANK EMPLOYEES’ ASSOCIATION ( AIBEA)
NATIONAL CONFEDERATION OF BANK EMPLOYEES (NCBE)
BANK EMPLOYEES FEDERATION OF INDIA (BEFI)
INDIAN NATIONAL BANK EMPLOYEES FEDERATION (INBEF)
NATIONAL ORGANISATION OF BANK WORKERS (NOBW)
Indian Banks’ Association
You are aware that the period of the current 10th Bipartite Settlement would come to an end by October, 2017 and a revised Settlement needs to be arrived at w.e.f. 1-11-2017. We learn that the Government has given their guidelines to IBA and Banks to complete the process of negotiations well in time to commence the new Settlement from November, 2017.
We welcome this but this would be possible only if the negotiations are commenced by IBA well in time. In view of this, we submit herein the broad summary of the common charter of demands to be negotiated and to arrive at the 11th Bipartite Settlement. (Annexure I). The full details of all these demands would be submitted shortly and well before the negotiations would begin.
We request the IBA to immediately start the process of negotiations so that we shall be able to complete the process and conclude the Settlement in advance. Receipt of this communication may be acknowledged and we may be informed of the steps being taken by IBA in this regard.
GENERAL SECRETARY, AIBEA
SANJEEV K. BANDLISH,
GENERAL SECRETARY, NCBE
PRADIP K BISWAS
GENERAL SECRETARY, BEFI
SUBHASH S SAWANT
GENERAL SECRETARY, INBEF
GENERAL SECRETARY, NOBW
BROAD SUMMARY OF CHARTER OF DEMANDS FOR 11TH BIPARTITE SETTLEMENT BY WORKMEN UNIONS
1. Revision and improvement in Pay Scales by merger of Dearness Allowance upto October, 2017 and with additional loading thereon.
2. Merging Special Allowance with Basic pay.
3. Improvements in Special Pay, PQP, FPP and Stagnation Increment
4. Revised DA formula and improvement in compensation against price rise.
5. Provision of housing accommodation/quarters for all clerical and substaff and payment of HRA on the lines of officers.
6. Introduction of Education Allowance
7. Substantial increase in Transport Allowance /reimbursement of petrol cost
8. Improvements in leave benefits and LFC entitlement; Introduction of Leave Bank system.
9. Increase in Annual Medical Aid and review for improvements in medical insurance scheme . Unilateral changes in the scheme to be withdrawn. The rate of medical Insurance after retirement to be discussed with the unions before renewal.
10. Bonus for all employees without any ceiling
11. Removal of ceiling on Gratuity under the Gratuity Act.
12. Total exemption from Income tax on entire retirement benefits including Leave Encashment.
13. DA linked defined and assured pension scheme in lieu of NPS
14. Introduction of 5 Day banking service in the remaining weeks of the month apart from 2nd. And 4 th Week.
15. Improvement in Special Area Allowance and special compensatory provisions for North East, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir
16. Regular banking jobs and services not to be outsourced and all existing contract employees to be regularized and absorbed
17. Adequate recruitment of clerical and substaff in all Banks
18. Implementation of Supreme Court order on equal wage for equal work for existing temporary and contract employees till the vacancies are filled up by regular employees.
19. Proper implementation of compassionate ground appointment scheme . The clause of 5% quota in respect of total recruitment to be deleted.
20. All part time employees to be converted as full time employees
21. Improvement in Other Allowances and other service conditions like Diem Allowance/Halting allowance, hotel rent reimbursement , Project Area Allowance, etc.
22. Deletion of Para 522(1) of Sastry Award
23. Disciplinary Action Settlement – review of certain provisions like Clause 5 (j) which are being misused.
24. Better compensation on transfer of employees on deployment policy
25. Restoration of BSRB
26. Intra-cadre career progression scheme for Awardstaff.
27. Improvement in pension scheme on the lines of Government scheme on rate of pension, periodical updation, family pension, same DA for pre 2002 Nov. retirees, etc.
28. Revision in Ex Gratia Pension for pre-1986 non SBI retirees.
29. Follow up of the issues covered by Record Note dated 25-5-2015
30. Extension of medical scheme and LFC to retirees as in the case of in service employees
31. Uniform guidelines on quantum and rate of interest on staff loans
32. Improved housing loan to staff at nominal interest
33. Allocation of fund for Staff Welfare Schemes based on Operating Profits and setting apart a portion of it for schemes for retirees
34. Improvement in guidelines in relation to physically challenged/ differently abled employees
35. Special provisions for women employees on the lines of 7th Pay Commission recommendations.
36. Uniform guidelines on fitment for Ex-servicemen joining the Banks.
37. Improvement in remuneration of Daily Deposit Collectors
38. Parity in wages and service conditions for RRB employees.
39. Internal and external relativity to be maintained.
40. Settlement to be effective from 1-11-2017 for next three years.