BANK EMPLOYEES FEDERATION OF INDIA
NARESH PAUL CENTRE
53 Radha Bazar Lane, (1st Floor), Kolkata – 700 001
e-mail : [email protected] Website : http://www.befi.in/
(Ph):033- 2225-4414/2236-5108 (M) 94331 44271 Fax: 033-2236-5109/2242-069
Circular No. 27/2017 21st September, 2017
To all Affiliates/Office Bearers/CC/GC Members
Observe International Action Day
On 3rd October 2017
In Solidarity with Refugees & Immigrants
Call of WFTU
World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) has given the call to observe International Action Day on 3rd October 2017.
This year the day will be observed to express solidarity with the refugees & immigrants all over the world who are passing their lives in a very miserable condition.
The demands raised by WFTU are:
• The abolishment of the Dublin and the Schengen Treaty, the Frontex and all repressive Mechanism.
• Stopping the measures of the European Union for the repression at the borders.
• End now the imperialist interventions of EU-USA-NATO.
• Direct transfer of the refugees from their islands and the entry points to the countries of their final destination.
• Increase of the personnel and the infrastructure for the rescue, the record- identification, the housing, feeding, medical care and the safe transfer of the people. Decent housing for all refugees, education for their children under state responsibility.
• Creation of dignified centers of welcoming and hospitality.
In the backdrop of influx of Rohingya refugees from Myanmar to different Asian countries including India, the issue taken up by WFTU in connection with observance of International Action Day this year has become very relevant to us.
We call upon all our State units to respond to call of WFTU in befitting manner keeping touch with other fraternal organizations.