Demands on 11th Bipartite – Leave Benefits
11th BIPARTITE SETTLEMENT : CHARTER OF DEMANDS – IMPROVEMENTS IN LEAVE BENEFITS
IMPROVEMENTS IN LEAVE BENEFITS
1. Casual Leave
- Casual leave to be increased to 18 days.
- 25 days CL for physically challenged employees.
2. Privilege Leave
- Accumulation of Privilege Leave should be increased to 300 days .
- Encashment of Privilege Leave should be increased to 300 days. Where there is any shortfall under PL, Sick Leave to be allowed for encashment, if available.
- Privilege leave availed, irrespective of number of days, on grounds of sickness on production of medical certificate be allowed without being counted as an occasion.
- Employees should be permitted to avail their privilege leave on production of sickness certificate even in cases of illness of their family members residing with them.
- Privilege Leave encashment to be permitted in case of loss of job due to punishments/resignations.
- Intervening holidays falling in between the leave period should not be counted as Privilege Leave.
- Advance notice period to avail PL to be reduced to 10 days.
- No. of occasions to avail PL in an year to be increased to 6 times
3. Sick Leave
- One month sick leave for every completed year of service, without any ceiling.
- Submission of medical certificate be waived for availing sick leave for small ailments like fever, flu etc, for maximum period of 5 days. For this, number of occasions in a year may be stipulated.
- Employees should be permitted to avail their sick leave on production of sickness certificate even in cases of illness of their family members residing with them.
- Sick leave not availed during service to be covered by Leave Encashment scheme
- Sick leave may be granted to women employees to look after sickness of a child below 12 years.
4. Maternity Leave:
- Maternity leave should be 2 years in service for women employees and for 1 year on one occasion for one child.
- A female employee may be granted maternity leave, for legal adoption of child, upto one year within the overall entitlement.
- Over and above the maternity leave, another 2 months to be given to cover cases of hysterectomy, wherein the maternity leave is already exhausted.
- Specific gyneac ailments to be covered under maternity leave including infertility treatment.
5. Child Care Leave
- Child care leave on the lines as available for government employees be extended to bank employees also.
6. Sabbatical Leave
- Sabbatical leave to all employees upto 2 years in the entire service with service benefits on the lines available to Central Government employees.
7. Study Leave
- Introduction of study leave for a max. period of 2 years for employees to pursue higher studies.
8. Paternity Leave:
- Paternity leave to be granted for child adoption.
9. Special Leave for Office-bearers
- Special leave provided for office bearers should be enhanced.
- Provision of Duty Leave to Office-bearers for attending conciliation meetings/ labour courts /tribunals / labour training programmes, etc.
10 Extra-ordinary Leave
- Extra-ordinary leave should be permitted upto 180 days per occasion.
11. Absence during Curfew, natural calamities, flood, etc. to be treated as on duty/special leave :
- Absence due to curfew, riots, natural calamities, prohibitory orders and other disturbances beyond the control of the employees to be treated as on duty and be granted special leave.
12. Special Leave with Pay when an employee dies after major ailments
- In case of death of the employee on account terminal diseases or on account of prolonged sickness/major accidents, etc the period of leave on loss of pay should be treated as special leave with pay.