Demands on 11th Bipartite – Special Provisions for Women Employees
SPECIAL PROVISIONS /IMPROVEMENTS IN SERVICE CONDITIONS PERTAINING TO WOMEN EMPLOYEES
- Establishment of child care centres in all major cities and towns to take care of the children.
- Child care leave on the lines of Central Government Scheme.
- Maternity leave should be 2 years in service for women employees and for 1 year on one occasion for one child.
- Sick leave may be granted to women employees to look after sickness of a child below 12 years.
- Specific gynec ailments to be covered under maternity leave including infertility treatment.
- A female employee may be granted maternity leave, for legal adoption of child, upto one year within the overall entitlement.
- Over and above the maternity leave, another 2 months to be given to cover cases of hysterectomy, wherein the maternity leave is already exhausted.